VHF telemetry is a reliable and cost-effective solution for wildlife tracking.
VHF is a very cost effective and in many cases the best or even the only option for long term and/or long-range tracking, especially on smaller species.
Telenax is a leading manufacturer of VHF telemetry equipment worldwide. We have served the market for more than a decade and we have many returning customers because our units are efficient and reliable.
Starting at 0.35 grams we offer some of the smallest radio tracking equipment available in the world. Even our smallest units are microprocessor controlled which adds extra reliability and control over pulse width and rate.
We also offer extra features like activity-inactivity-mortality, posture or water sensor. We can customize the transmitters to find the perfect balance between strength and life depending on customer’s needs.
Our materials are top of the line. For example, we use an amazing belting for our transmitters which is light, flexible, waterproof, with perfectly smooth and rounded edges, does not promote fungi growth, extremely strong (successfully used on bears), and we can offer widths of 18, 30 and 50 mm. Our attachments and housings are carefully designed to be the least invasive and yet most functional. For instance, our ear tags are very popular because they are shaped to avoid entanglement and biting from other animals. Our implanted tags use coiled internal antennas that are better for the animal and still achieve very good signal strength
Despite our large selection of different models, we pride ourselves in being able to customize orders with customer-defined features such as battery size, attachment technique (collar, backpack, harness, etc), attachment materials, shape, weight and/or size restrictions, etc. Animal comfort and welfare are always of the greatest importance.
As we care about nature conservation and research, we have recently increased our Best Price Guarantee in which we promise to keep our prices at least 20% cheaper than other comparable system from other well-recognized wildlife tracking manufacturers.
Last but not least, we are so confident in our technology and reliability we offer an extended warranty option for up to 3 years. If you are still hesitant, you can buy one or two units for your own testing so you can be fully convinced.
Light weight, short life, long tracking distance and user replaceable batteries are usually recommended for Falconry.
TAILMOUNT WITH METAL CRIMP ON FEATHER AND EXCHANGEABLE BATTERY (TMX):
Includes a metal piece of hardware that is fixed to the feather and then the transmitter is easily attached or removed.
Recommended for very small species or long term tracking. This is the most common tracking option for all species of Raptors in wildlife. General rule dictates that a raptor can carry up to 3% of its own weight on a backpack. There are 2 types:
BR – Backpack for Round rope: 2 holes are included on the transmitter so a cylindrical or small flat rope can pass through. Diameter of the holes is defined by the customer. User replaceable battery option on some models available upon request.
BF – Backpack for Flat rope: Metal buckles are included so a flat rope can pass through. This option is recommended for raptors over 350 grams. Width and height of the holes can be defined by the user.
The following tables show:
– All Tailmount with metal crimp on feather and exchangeable battery models.
– All Backpack units suitable for falconry.
– For the list of options without exchangeable battery please contact us.
All of our units include:
– Aluminum housing for best protection
– Perfectly protected electronics (to withstand water, smashes, etc)
– User exchangeable batteries
– User exchangeable antennas
– TXF Models any of the following sensors available:
– Activity / Inactivity
– By removing a magnet except for TXE-110 in which activation occurs when battery is in place.
Weight and dimensions:
– Dimensions include electronics, battery, housing and holes on Tailmount.
– Weight includes all parts forming the system except for Bewit on Leg.
– Without obstacles or LOS (Line of Sight). Detection range under ideal conditions including there are no obstacles between the transmitter and the receiving antenna.
– Life is calculated over a mean temperature of 20° C (68° F).
– Once used, all our models are susceptible of refurbishment for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
– Any frequency from 148 to 174 & 216 to 222 MHz.
– Same time as estimated battery lifetime; minimum 2 months, maximum 18 months.
– Please contact us.
Contact us with your Telemetry needs so we can advise you about the best option and provide all the characteristics.