VHF telemetry is a reliable and cost-effective solution for wildlife tracking.
VHF is a very cost effective and in many cases the best or even the only option for long term and/or long-range tracking, especially on smaller species.
Telenax is a leading manufacturer of VHF telemetry equipment worldwide. We have served the market for more than a decade and we have many returning customers because our units are efficient and reliable.
Starting at 0.35 grams we offer some of the smallest radio tracking equipment available in the world. Even our smallest units are microprocessor controlled which adds extra reliability and control over pulse width and rate.
We also offer extra features like activity-inactivity-mortality, posture or water sensor. We can customize the transmitters to find the perfect balance between strength and life depending on customer’s needs.
Our materials are top of the line. For example, we use an amazing belting for our transmitters which is light, flexible, waterproof, with perfectly smooth and rounded edges, does not promote fungi growth, extremely strong (successfully used on bears), and we can offer widths of 18, 30 and 50 mm. Our attachments and housings are carefully designed to be the least invasive and yet most functional. For instance, our ear tags are very popular because they are shaped to avoid entanglement and biting from other animals. Our implanted tags use coiled internal antennas that are better for the animal and still achieve very good signal strength
Despite our large selection of different models, we pride ourselves in being able to customize orders with customer-defined features such as battery size, attachment technique (collar, backpack, harness, etc), attachment materials, shape, weight and/or size restrictions, etc. Animal comfort and welfare are always of the greatest importance.
As we care about nature conservation and research, we have recently increased our Best Price Guarantee in which we promise to keep our prices at least 20% cheaper than other comparable system from other well-recognized wildlife tracking manufacturers.
Last but not least, we are so confident in our technology and reliability we offer an extended warranty option for up to 3 years. If you are still hesitant, you can buy one or two units for your own testing so you can be fully convinced.
This is a VHF transmitter that is to be attached to a Live trap cage (e.g. Tomahawk trap). So when the animal is trapped the VHF transmitter will start sending an alarm signal, thus you can immediately know and go to that trap.
– On-Off switch by removing-placing a magnet respectively
– Standby-Alarm switch by inserting-removing the aluminum tube.
– While in standby mode the VHF transmitter will send a beep every 15 seconds so you can know everything is ok.
– When the aluminum tube is removed (pulled when the cage is activated) the Alarm mode will start, which means it will start beeping fast (a double-beep per second).
– Coding is available so you can share several trap transmitters on the same frequency.
Please check the video found HERE
This unit includes:
– Rugged housing for best protection
– Buckles for easy attachment to trees
– Without obstacles or LOS (Line of Sight). Detection range under ideal conditions including there are no obstacles between the transmitter and the receiving antenna
– Any frequency between 148 to 174 and 216 to 222 MHz available
– 18 months
Quotes and help:
Please contact us
Contact us with your Telemetry needs so we can advise you about the best option and provide all the characteristics.