VHF telemetry is a reliable and cost-effective solution for wildlife tracking.
VHF is a very cost effective and in many cases the best or even the only option for long term and/or long-range tracking, especially on smaller species.
Telenax is a leading manufacturer of VHF telemetry equipment worldwide. We have served the market for more than a decade and we have many returning customers because our units are efficient and reliable.
Starting at 0.35 grams we offer some of the smallest radio tracking equipment available in the world. Even our smallest units are microprocessor controlled which adds extra reliability and control over pulse width and rate.
We also offer extra features like activity-inactivity-mortality, posture or water sensor. We can customize the transmitters to find the perfect balance between strength and life depending on customer’s needs.
Our materials are top of the line. For example, we use an amazing belting for our transmitters which is light, flexible, waterproof, with perfectly smooth and rounded edges, does not promote fungi growth, extremely strong (successfully used on bears), and we can offer widths of 18, 30 and 50 mm. Our attachments and housings are carefully designed to be the least invasive and yet most functional. For instance, our ear tags are very popular because they are shaped to avoid entanglement and biting from other animals. Our implanted tags use coiled internal antennas that are better for the animal and still achieve very good signal strength
Despite our large selection of different models, we pride ourselves in being able to customize orders with customer-defined features such as battery size, attachment technique (collar, backpack, harness, etc), attachment materials, shape, weight and/or size restrictions, etc. Animal comfort and welfare are always of the greatest importance.
As we care about nature conservation and research, we have recently increased our Best Price Guarantee in which we promise to keep our prices at least 20% cheaper than other comparable system from other well-recognized wildlife tracking manufacturers.
Last but not least, we are so confident in our technology and reliability we offer an extended warranty option for up to 3 years. If you are still hesitant, you can buy one or two units for your own testing so you can be fully convinced.
RX-600: Covers any frequency between 216.000 to 219.999 MHz or 215.000 to 219.999 MHz.
– High gain directional folding antenna w/removable pistol grip included.
– Allows convenient one hand operation as it can be mounted on top of folding antenna.
– Super sensitive @ -150dbm to hear the weakest signals.
– Three step attenuator allows full receiver sensitivity for longest range or reduced sensitivity.
– Easy to change, available everywhere, 9 volt alkaline battery.
– Very sensitive meter for received signal strength and monitoring battery voltage.
– Synthesized design for extreme frequency stability under all temperature conditions.
– Soft carrying case included.
– Receiver may also be removed and a yagi or omni antenna with coax can be connected.
– Extremely selective front end to reject the most troublesome interference.
– Loud, great sounding audio for in vehicle use.
– Full 1 year warranty.
– Frequency steps: 10KHz with ±5KHz fine tuning on all frequencies.
– Receive Mode: CW.
– Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms.
– Antenna Jack: Standard BNC (BNC female).
– RF attenuator: -30db or -60db switchable.
– Headphone Jack: Bottom Mounted 3.5mm (1/8”) mono headphone jack.
Receiver without antenna is 16 x 9 x 7 cm (6.3″ x 3.5″ x 2.7″)
Total footprint of receiver and antenna when viewed from above is 51.5 x 26.7 cm (20.25″ x 10.5″)
When antenna elements are folded, footprint becomes 28.6 x 11.5 cm (11.25″ x 4.5″)
– Weight of receiver and antenna combined: 865 grams (30.5 oz).
– Price: Please contact us.
Contact us with your Telemetry needs so we can advise you about the best option and provide all the characteristics.