VHF telemetry is a reliable and cost-effective solution for wildlife tracking.
VHF is a very cost effective and in many cases the best or even the only option for long term and/or long-range tracking, especially on smaller species.
Telenax is a leading manufacturer of VHF telemetry equipment worldwide. We have served the market for more than a decade and we have many returning customers because our units are efficient and reliable.
Starting at 0.35 grams we offer some of the smallest radio tracking equipment available in the world. Even our smallest units are microprocessor controlled which adds extra reliability and control over pulse width and rate.
We also offer extra features like activity-inactivity-mortality, posture or water sensor. We can customize the transmitters to find the perfect balance between strength and life depending on customer’s needs.
Our materials are top of the line. For example, we use an amazing belting for our transmitters which is light, flexible, waterproof, with perfectly smooth and rounded edges, does not promote fungi growth, extremely strong (successfully used on bears), and we can offer widths of 18, 30 and 50 mm. Our attachments and housings are carefully designed to be the least invasive and yet most functional. For instance, our ear tags are very popular because they are shaped to avoid entanglement and biting from other animals. Our implanted tags use coiled internal antennas that are better for the animal and still achieve very good signal strength
Despite our large selection of different models, we pride ourselves in being able to customize orders with customer-defined features such as battery size, attachment technique (collar, backpack, harness, etc), attachment materials, shape, weight and/or size restrictions, etc. Animal comfort and welfare are always of the greatest importance.
As we care about nature conservation and research, we have recently increased our Best Price Guarantee in which we promise to keep our prices at least 20% cheaper than other comparable system from other well-recognized wildlife tracking manufacturers.
Last but not least, we are so confident in our technology and reliability we offer an extended warranty option for up to 3 years. If you are still hesitant, you can buy one or two units for your own testing so you can be fully convinced.
Used on all kinds of birds and other species with particular needs like crocodiles and alligators. These models are attached with a harness made of a cylindrical or flat rope. The harness can surround the wings, legs, chest or neck depending on the species and method used. There are 2 main types of Backpacks:
BR – Backpack for Round rope: 2 holes are included on the transmitter so a cylindrical rope can pass through. Diameter of the holes is defined by the customer. In some options only one hole is needed. Holes can go parallel (mainly for ducks) or perpendicular to the main length of the transmitter.
BF – Backpack for Flat rope: Metal buckles are included so a flat rope can pass through. This option is mostly used for raptors. Width and height of the holes can be defined by the user.
X- Extension X means the model has user exchangeable battery. Not available on all models. Around 20% extra weight. Please ask for details. Photo TXE-116FX: Falconry model.
– TXA & TXC Models: No sensors available.
– TXE & TXF Models any of the following sensors available:
– Activity / Inactivity
– By removing a magnet.
– TXA, TXC-001, TXC-004, TXC-110 & TXE-110: Activation is made by soldering two wires. Activation by magnet can be included but this will cause a small increase in weight and dimensions.
Weight and dimensions:
– Dimensions include electronics, battery, housing and attachment (holes or buckles). Do not include antenna.
– Weight includes all parts forming the system.
– Without obstacles or LOS (Line of Sight). Detection range under ideal conditions including there are no obstacles between the transmitter and the receiving antenna.
– Life is calculated over a mean temperature of 20° C (68° F).
– Once used, all our models are susceptible of refurbishment for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
– Any frequency from 148 to 174 MHz & 216 to 222 MHz available except on models starting with TXA, which have limited availability over certain frequency bands.
– Same time as estimated battery lifetime; minimum 2 months, maximum 18 months.
Quotes and help:
– Please contact us.
Contact us with your Telemetry needs so we can advise you about the best option and provide all the characteristics.